Back when I started blogging, in January of 2009, I had no idea what I was doing. Heck, I still have no idea what I am doing. I’m just doing. Blogging has not only been an outlet for me to keep things real throughout my healthy living journey, it has provided so much more. Yes, it definitely helps to keep me accountable, but I think and hope it has helped other people with their accountability and hopefully has inspired others throughout their journey.
Because of my blog, I have “met” so many different people – some who are other bloggers and some who are my readers and/or followers. I have grown my audience ten-fold and I feel very fortunate to have done that. But, I can continue growing and learning and for that, I am very grateful and thankful.
Recently, I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award!
The what? The Liebster Blog Award! Huh? What is that?
The Liebster Award is a great way to get to know other bloggers and for the bloggers to get some traffic on their blog site, especially the newer bloggers who are just starting out. It’s a way to let our readers know about others out there. How it works is when you are nominated, you are given 11 questions that you have to answer, as well as providing 11 facts about yourself. In return, I am going to nominate 11 bloggers and they will answer my 11 questions and provide their 11 facts and so on and so on. The fun gets to continue that way.
If you want to know more about the Liebster Award, check out THIS BLOG POST by Wording Well. I found it while doing some research on the Liebster Award (yes, I am still a reporter through and through!) and it provides a little more in depth explanation of what the award is all about!
MY 11 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!
1. What is your favorite television show? As much as I hate to admit this, I have several favorite television shows, but I guess my ultimate favorite is Parenthood, which is in its final season. And for that, I am so sad. Parenthood is one of the shows that hits close to home and touches your heart. Honestly, I don’t think there has been an episode where I haven’t cried. Yep, I always make sure to have a box a Kleenex close by!
2. Why did you start your blog? To journal my journey. To be a voice for others who are/were going through the same journey as me – the losing weight/getting healthy journey. I wanted/want people to know that it can be done and you don’t have to be perfect. It truly is about taking it one day at a time.
3. What are your goals for 2015? Wow! Big question. I guess my goals are to just keep going and doing what I am doing. I am hoping to become group fitness certified soon and becoming a personal trainer. For my running goals, I intend to run three half-marathons this year.
4. Which blog is your favorite and why? I actually have several favorites, but I guess if I have to pick just one, I am gonna have to go with Runs for Cookies. Katie, the author of Runs for Cookies, is real, honest, genuine and I like her tell-it-like-is style. I love the way she presents her story and I like the way she writes. I may not have lost as much weight as she did, but we have similar paths and I just absolutely love her. I feel a connection with her. I read her blog EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Yes, she is THAT good!
5. What is your favorite way to sweat? I think anyone who reads my blog or who knows me, knows that I love to RUN! I am now a runner through and through. However, I am finding I love group fitness classes, especially PiYo, bootcamp, spin and Zumba! I might just be turning into a fitness class junkie!
6. What song are you loving right now? Hmmmm, that’s a good one, too. I love all kinds of music – hit hop, country, blues, rock and others. If I had to pick just one, I may have to go with Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars. I love the beat, it makes me want to dance every single time it comes on.
7. How did you come up with your blog name? Oddly, I was just thinking the other day of rebranding my blog and coming up with a new name. I am still undecided on that though. When I first started, my blog was Confessions of a Fat Girl. I basically chose that because I felt fat and I felt that I was confessions of all my sins. Early on, I stated that “Fat Girl” was not meant to be derogatory and that at a very low point in my life, I needed a username for something and that at the time, that is how I felt – like a fat girl. The name kind of stuck. And really, it kind of reminds of Batman, don’t ask why! A few years ago, I added the word “former” to the title because I no longer felt like a fat girl. I wanted to leave her behind me. So, my blog is now titled Confession of a [former] Fat Girl!
8. What is your favorite post you’ve written for your blog? I’ve never thought about it, I guess. I don’t think I really have a favorite, but here’s a couple I really like: Celebrating 10 years!, We did it!, The results are in… and maybe this one, The ups and downs of five years since I began my Weight Watchers journey.
10. How do you spend your “me time?” To be real honest, I actually don’t like “me time” or alone time. I much prefer to be spend my free time with my husband, Al. Not even kidding. I cherish our time together so much. And it really doesn’t matter what we are doing. Whether running, watching TV, cooking, drinking wine, playing games, shopping, sitting on the couch with our gadgets – me with my iPad, him with his Kindle, drinking coffee at Caribou or whatever. I like my “me time” with him. Although I do admit, if I do have to have “me time,” I like to take long, hot, bubbles baths and play Words with Friends or solitaire!
11. How do you stay inspired? By reading inspiring blogs, surrounding myself with positive people, remembering where I came from and knowing I don’t want to go back, looking at photos and realizing that although this healthy living journey is hard and sometimes, a daily struggle, it is all worth it. I am worth it. And also realizing that just because I have one bad day or one bad meal or make one bad decision, I am human. AND, I don’t have to feel guilty. Getting rid of the guilt has probably been one of the most helpful things I have done. In addition, my readers keep me going and keep me inspired. I don’t want to let them down!
MY 11 FACTS!
1. I have three tattoos. And love all of them.
2. I am the baby of seven. There are four boys and three girls (one sister passed away, however). We don’t all have the same dad, though. My first five siblings are from my mom’s first husband. My brother and I are from my dad. But the best part….we are ONE family. We are all brothers and sisters. Period.
3. Al is my third husband. Yes, I am only 42 years old. Husband #1 is my son’s dad and we are actually good friends. He spends holidays with us and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Husband #2 I haven’t talked to since we got divorced – in 2003.
4. I had one miscarriage. As awful and sad as it sounds, it was a blessing in disguise.
5. I eat Skittles and M&M’s by their colors. I always eat the red and purple Skittles last and I eat them together.
6. I am an even number kind of gal, with the exception of numbers ending in 5, like 5, 15, 25, 35, etc. (Yes, I know, I am strange.)
7. I road home in a sheriff’s car when I was 17. 🙂
8. I have been known to fall asleep in the middle of talking. Once, I was giving my husband my social security number and I feel asleep after giving him the first three numbers. He was at the computer and I was on the couch and when I didn’t say anything else, he turned around and I was sound asleep!
9. I have had some awesome aerial adventures. I went skydiving once, and would do it again in a heartbeat. I rode in the Fagen MX2 ethanol powered airplane (click HERE to watch a video of the airplane, not my video, but a video). I, along with my son, rode in either a B-24 or a B-17 bomber airplane (I can’t remember which one it was, isn’t that sad!). And, I went parasailing in Key West, Florida.
10. I secretly wish I was a dancer.
11. I am a scaredy cat when it comes to anything remotely scary. I have been known to jump at commercials, that truly, weren’t even scary. And, I can cry at the drop of a hat. If I see someone crying on TV, even if it’s just a commercial, I cry. Yep, I am a bawl baby!
My 11 nominees!
7. Feisty Eats
10. Run and Smile
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER (yes, some of mine are the same)!
1. How did you choose your blog name and when/why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite meal? Include recipe if you would like!
3. What is your favorite hobby?
4. What is your favorite indulgence?
5. If you had $1,000 to spend on anything for yourself, what would you buy and why?
6. What is one favorite childhood memory?
7. What is your favorite game to play?
8. What is your favorite quote?
9. What is your fitness goal for 2015?
10. If you could spend the day with someone (from the past or present), who would it be and why?
11. What keeps you motivated/where do you find inspiration?
Alright bloggers, you have been nominated. Now, you must answer my 11 questions, include 11 fun facts about yourself and then nominate 11 more bloggers. Let the fun continue!