I have decided to start posting my weekly recipe that I use in my Weight Watchers meetings. For any WW member out there who is reading this, I also make sure to include the PointsPlus values. Most of the recipes are ones that I have tried and most often, the photo will be one that I have taken.
4 large egg whites
1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar or cider vinegar
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Cool Whip, fat-free
1. Preheat oven to 200ºF. Line two baking sheets with foil.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until frothy. Add vinegar; beat until soft peaks form. Increase speed to high and gradually add sugar; beat until glossy stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla.
3. Remove half of meringue to another bowl; stir in cocoa until blended.
4. Spoon tablespoons of both meringues onto prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart each, making about 20 cookies – half vanilla, half cocoa.
5. Bake until meringues feel dry and crisp all the way through, about 3 hours. Turn off oven; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Transfer baking sheets to wire racks to cool completely.
6. Top each meringue cookie with about 1 tbsp of Cool Whip and 1 strawberry. Enjoy immediately. Store unused cookies in airtight container until ready to eat.
Makes: 20 cookies
PointsPlus value per cookie: 1
2 cookies = 3 PPVs
3 cookies = 4 PPVs
4 cookies = 6 PPVs