Hello everyone. I know there are many people out there who enjoy a good chicken alfredo. Well, I have made up my own recipe and I thought I would share it with all of you.
Of course, it is healthier than most other alfredos, although it may not be as creamy. Nonetheless, my family loves it, including my somewhat picky teenage son. (Well, he loves it when I don’t put the broccoli in it!)
So, here is the recipe, along with a photo for your viewing pleasure. Hope you enjoy it as much as me and my family! It is one of our favorite suppers!
Celeste’s Chicken Alfredo
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 8 oz whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked
- 12 oz can of Miller Lite
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow light cheese, garlic & herb (cut into small chunks)
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp basil, jarred
- 1/2 tbsp oregano, jarred
- 1/2 tbsp garlic (or 1 clove)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, cut chicken into bite-sized cubes. Spray deep-dish skillet with non-stick cooking spray and sautÃ© chicken, over medium heat, until thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. When chicken is almost done, add basil, oregano and garlic and mix well.
3. Then, slowly add the can of beer, turning heat to medium-high. Cook until liquid is reduced by almost half, about 5-6 minutes. Add parmesan and Laughing Cow cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Then add broccoli and cooked pasta.
4. Stir together, then serve.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus values per serving: 7