The scale

For the past week, I decided to weigh myself every day and see how much the scale actually changes. Not that it really matters, but I thought it would be kind of fun. The results weren’t that surprising, though. But it was still fun.

My scale is a digital scale that not only measures my weight, but it also measures percentage of body fat, bone density, percentage of water and my body mass index (BMI).

Here are my measurements starting on Monday, April 19 and ending today, Sunday, April 25. I always weigh myself in the morning and with no clothes on, in case you wanted to know. And most of the time, it is after I have had my breakfast!

Monday – 4-19-10 at 8:10 a.m.
Weight: 145.2 pounds
Body fat: 26.1 percent
Bone density: 5.2
Water: 53.9 percent
BMI: 23.3

Tuesday – 4-20-10 at 5:45 a.m.
Weight: 145.4 pounds
Body fat: 26.8 percent
Bone density: 5.2
Water: 53.4 percent
BMI: 23.3

Wednesday – 4-21-10 at 5:55 a.m.
Weight: 145.4 pounds
Body fat: 26 percent
Bone density: 5.4
Water: 54 percent
BMI: 23.3

Thursday – 4-22-10 at 5:45 a.m.
Weight: 145.4 pounds
Body fat: 25.6 percent
Bone density: 5.4
Water: 54.3 percent
BMI: 23.3

Friday – 4-23-10 at 8:30 a.m.
Weight: 146 pounds
Body fat: 25.9 percent
Bone density: 5.4
Water: 54 percent
BMI: 23.4

Saturday – 4-24-10 at 8:25 a.m.
Weight: 143.4 pounds
Body fat: 24.5 percent
Bone density: 5.2
Water: 55.1 percent
BMI: 23

Sunday – 4-25-10 at 8:30 a.m.
Weight: 144.6 pounds
Body fat: 25.2 percent
Bone density: 5.4
Water: 54.6 percent
BMI: 23.2

Back in October and December of last year, I was weighed using a body composition analyzer at the tech school. It recorded a whole bunch of things, but the main things were weight, body fat and BMI. Here are those results:

October 28, 2009 at 9:16 a.m.
Weight: 145
Body fat: 28.5 percent
BMI: 23.4

December 12, 2009 at 12:28 p.m.
Weight: 148.6
Body fat: 29.1 percent
BMI: 24

My weight and my BMI hasn’t changed much, but my percentage of body fat has and that makes me happy!

Even though it kind of really doesn’t matter, I will continue to keep track, especially my body fat. I don’t necessarily want my weight to go down, but I would love to see the percentage of body fat keep going down. That would make me very happy.

Tomorrow, I have my yearly physical and I cannot wait! Sounds odd, I know, but I can’t wait to see my numbers…blood pressure, cholesterol and of course, weight. I plan on asking the doctor to look through my chart and see what my highest weight was. It should be interesting and of course, don’t worry, I will blog about all these numbers when I get the results back!

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “The scale

1. Your scale is way more consistent than mine! I have slowly started shedding my winter pounds, thank goodness. I don’t really follow a routine, just try to make healthy choices more often than not. I recently reviewed some of my past numbers and while my weight has gone up and down over the past 8-10 years, my cholesterol numbers have dropped by 38 points! I must be doing something right! πŸ™‚

2. Abra…that is awesome…38 points lower! How exciting. Keep it up!

GFB…Thanks! By the way, way to go on your running! You are doing so awesome. Keep it up and be proud…you have accomplished a lot!